Specialization in Orthodonty (MEC/CFO)
Approved by the Brazilian Education Ministry (MEC) and the Federal Council of Dentistry (CFO). CFO order No. 371/2007
This course aims to prepare the dentist and the physician dentist for the speciality of Orthodontics and Facial Orthopedics in the various and different aspects of the modern orthodontics, with emphasis on preparing the student for the clinic orthodontics, providing knowledge based on scientific and technical concepts.
Transmit competence to obtain a correct diagnosis, to establish a treatment plan and to use biomechanics appropriated to each patient. Enable de student to make use of fixed, removable and orthopedic dental braces in permanent and mixed dentures and to complex treatment in adult patients.
- Expert in Orthodontics, by the Faculty of Pindamonhangaba;
- Recognized by Brazilian Education Ministry;
- Recognized by Brazilian Federal Council of Dentistry.
Prof. Dr. Mauricio Tatsuei Sakima
Specialist in Orthodontics
Master in Orthodontics
Doctor in Orthodontics
Professors of Specific Subjects
Adriana Lopes Ramos;
Angelo Vicentini Loyola;
Armando Amorim Mendonça.
Summary of program content
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT PLAN
- Classification of malocclusion - Differentiate and classify malocclusions in order to facilitate the appropriate treatment plan for the restoration of occlusion and facial harmony;
- Cephalometric analysis - The study of cephalometric radiography as a means to assess and quantify the skeletal changes and the underlying soft tissues. Facial analysis will be used in Downs, Tweed, McNamara, Steiner, Wits;
- Calculation of cephalometric discrepancy;
- Analysis of growth - The assessment of skeletal maturation with cervical radiographs and hand and wrist, from the identification of anatomical structures;
- Analysis of models - estimation of dental discrepancy (Bolton and Moyers);
- Diagnosis and planning of clinical cases.
- Treatment of malocclusions of Class I;
- Treatment of Class II malocclusions in the mixed and permanent dentures, including the application of distalizadores Herbst and APM Modified;
- Treatment of Class III malocclusion with the use of circuit breakers, mask and modified progênico;
- Treatment of vertical problems in deciduous, mixed and permanent dentures
- Treatment of transverse problems with slow and rapid expansion of the maxilla using the s Quadrihelix, Haas and Hyrax apparatu;
- Treatment with and without extractions;
- Preventive Orthodontics and intercept using removable appliances and Facial Orthopedics with emphasis on devices Balters, Klammt, Frankel and removable AEB;
- Orthognathic surgery associated with orthodontic treatment in the resolution of skeletal dysplasia, emphasizing the diagnosis and planning as a surgical predictive;
- Orthodontic treatment and its variations interdisciplinary Ortho-Perio and Ortho-implants, with the application of mini-implants and mini-plates (SAO) and presentation of clinical cases;
- Surgically assisted correction of cross-bite;
- Treatment of complex cases by the Arc Segmented Burston’s technique based on Physical Basis of Tooth Movement showing treatments of the anomalies in open and deep bites and asymmetries, and the traction of included teeth, verticalisation of inclined teeth and application of mechanical bar for palate and lingual arch in adults;
- Criteria for completion within the occlusal aspects.
- Conventional Edgewise's technique for training and implementation of bending of 1st., 2nd. and 3rd. order on stainless steel wires and with the use of Typodont simulating the treatment of a Class II malocclusion with extractions;
- Straightwire's technique for treatment of standard cases;
- The Arc Segmented Burston’s technique in resolving complex cases.
- 30 modules of 02 days each, in Portugal;
- 02 modules of 10 days each in Brazil;
- 01 module of 05 days in Brazil;
- Guided study;
- Distance learning (subjects to be available in the FUNVIC site).
Total of 1,000 hours
Claudemir de Carvalho Dr.- Coordination of Research, Post Graduation and Extension
Phone: (+55 12) 3648-8323 - Ext.: 227
Office hours: 07:30 am to 12:00 pm - 01:00 pm to 04:00 pm (Brazilian Time zone - UTC -03:00)